- ApplyTexas is an undergraduate college admission application accepted at every public and some private colleges and universities in Texas.
- Students can begin applying to college beginning July 1st. Many of the more selective colleges and universities have early- to mid- October deadlines for enrollment the following fall semester. Other colleges and universities may have deadlines in December, late in the spring, or may even continue taking applications through the summer.
- There are no fees for completing the Apply Texas application; however, there are application fees for submitting an application to a college/university. The fees range from $0 and $150 depending on the college/university. Fee waivers can be used to cover the ApplyTexas application fees.
2019 - 2020 ApplyTexas Essay Prompt
- Topic A: REQUIRED - Tell us your story. What unique opportunities or challenges have you experienced throughout your high school career that have shaped who you are today?
- Topic B: REQUIRED - Some students have an identity, an interest, or a talent that defines them in an essential way. If you are one of these students, then tell us about yourself.
- Topic C: optional - You've got a ticket in your hand -- Where will you go? What will you do? What will happen when you get there?
Link to access the ApplyTexas application: www.applytexas.org
Common Application (Common App)
- The Common Application is an undergraduate college admission application accepted by more than 750 schools across the United States, including some located outside the U.S. such as Canada, China and Europe.
- The Common Application is available beginning on August 1st.
- There are no fees for registering with the Common Application; however, there are application fees for submitting a Common Application which range from $25 and $90. Fee waivers can also be used on the common application.
- The early admission decision deadline is typically November 1st. The regular admission decision deadline is typically January 1st.
2018-2019 Common Application Essay Prompts
- Essay 1: Some students have a background, identity, interest, or talent that is so meaningful they believe their application would be incomplete without it. If this sounds like you, then please share your story.
- Essay 2: The lessons we take from obstacles we encounter can be fundamental to later success. Recount a time when you faced a challenge, setback, or failure. How did it affect you, and what did you learn from the experience?
- Essay 3: Reflect on a time when you questioned or challenged a belief or idea. What prompted your thinking? What was the outcome?
- Essay 4: Describe a problem you've solved or a problem you'd like to solve. It can be an intellectual challenge, a research query, an ethical dilemma - anything that is of personal importance, no matter the scale. Explain its significance to you and what steps you took or could be taken to identify a solution.
- Essay 5: Discuss an accomplishment, event, or realization that sparked a period of personal growth and a new understanding of yourself or others.
- Essay 6: Describe a topic, idea, or concept you find so engaging that it makes you lose all track of time. Why does it captivate you? What or who do you turn to when you want to learn more?
- Essay 7: Share an essay on any topic of your choice. It can be one you've already written, one that responds to a different prompt, or one of your own design.
Link to access the Common Application: www.commonapp.org